The holidays are over and the new year is in full swing. Yet, the family traditions of our small unit continue with our Friday night movie matinee.
Chips and dip continues to be our favorite meal but the busiest of the holiday season led to more store bought lentil chips rather than my preferred method of homemade. That was an act never made to last and with a new year came some cool revisions to old household classics.
Birth from the deepest of my seaweed loving mind came Nori Lentil chips and yes, they are delicious!
While I love to cook, I do appreciate simplicity and efficiency in the kitchen. Time is valuable and can never be reclaimed. So with that, I give you a nice tortilla or chip you can enjoy with your family.
Nori Lentil chips
¾ cup – whole red lentils
¼ cup – tapioca flour
1 tbspn – Himalayan or sea salt.
***NOTE, IF YOU WOULD NOT LIKE THE CHIPS TO BE SALTY, PLEASE USE ONLY 1/2 tablespoon.
½ cup of water
1) Turn the lentils into flour. I have a flour mill, but a high speed blender will work.
2) Mix with tapioca flour and salt.
3) Slowly add water and mix the batter.
4) Sprinkle in the nori.
5) Make 6 small balls. Press flat with a tortilla press or equivalent and bake.
6) For tortillas, bake for 10 minutes in 200 C (392/400 F) and for chips, bake for 20 minutes going after the first 10 minutes.
That’s it! Enjoy!